I was just online checking email, etc. for a minute while the kids are entertaining themselves. And, how are they entertaining themselves? They are watching a cooking show on PBS and I hear Calvin saying "mmmmm, that looks good."
Today I had the cable disconnected. Calvin LOVES TV and is the only one in the house who watches any TV. Dave and I are in bed before our shows start so if we ever do watch them, it is online. Or we rent movies at blockbuster if we're going to stay up late watching something!. There have been several times in the course of Calvin's life as a TV watcher where we've put away the TV for a while and are always amazed at how great Calvin does without it. He is much more talkative and willing to be involved. He comes without having to beg or drag him to the car, dinner table, etc. Hopefully it goes well this time. The TV certainly does a good job babysitting him in the morning before I get up so if I do miss it, that might be the time. Although, he'd be much better off reading books or playing games quietly, or he can even come in and hang out with me (after 6)! We still have a little TV that plays VHS movies so I can pull that out to let the kids watch it when I need a break to clean or cook or something but taking away the cable will help me have more control over the TV time.
No comments:
Post a Comment