Saturday, January 19, 2008

From Thrusday

Today was a busy and good day. First thing this morning we had to go get the muffler fixed. It broke last night and we have learned to recognize the sound of a car with a broken muffler as ours has broken several times over our last 10 years in the salty snowy weather. We are hoping that now that we are in an area where there isn’t snow and salt on the roads our muffler and some other car parts will last longer! And, as it turned out it wasn’t the muffler that was broken, just one of the pipes that connected to it so it was only $70 repair. It was nice of the mechanic to be honest and just replace the part that needed fixing instead of telling me it all needed to be replaced.

We stopped at Target to pick up a few things including a birthday present for a friend of calvins. He picked a nurf gun. Hopefully that is okay. I realize some parents don’t like their kids to play with guns or other weapons so I’ll just attach the gift receipt in case this boy’s mom feels that way about guns. I also got some newborn diapers because they were having a pretty good diaper sale. I can’t believe how small they are – I’ve forgotten how tiny a newborn baby is.

I cleaned two bathrooms, the fridge, my closet (also known as the soon-to-be-short-term-nursery!), and got caught up on 6 months of financial record which somehow got lost on the computer. It was quite a bummer. I remember a month or so ago when we were looking at some numbers (in excel) the file was being very finicky. Dave and I both are very good with Excel and were baffled. I guess the file must have been messed up enough that it didn’t save properly. Anyway, I had to re-enter all of our expenditures over the last 6 months. It took a long time but glad to have it done! Also, the kids were great for a good hour or two while I worked on it. They pretended to sleep, danced to ohio state music and then played quietly while listening and singing along with the primary music. They have a CD player (my old one) with all their CD’s handy and it is a major form of entertainment for them every day. I just thought it was great they got along for so long without any fighting. Some days are like that and others are the opposite.

1 comment:

J* said...

I love days like that,too. How nice to have your own supply of oranges. Yum, yum. One more reason to visit SD.
~Jessica