Thursday, January 3, 2008

Early riser

On the side, I added a new little page element. It's called Time Calvin woke up. I wouldn't consider 4am early in the morning. I'd consider it still middle of the night. How about you? If the time is ever after 6 am you know that I am having a really good day. well, unless it's after 7, which means he's probably sick because otherwise he'd never sleep in that late. Lately he is up by 4:30. He is crazy. I usually don't get up until around 6 and some days not 'til 7. When Calvin does get up I get up and help him get his glasses on and find some food and then go back to bed. We have a rule that he is not allowed out of his room 'til 6 but he has been gradually breaking that rule and getting up earlier and earlier and he finds that he can sneak out if he doesn't come and bother us. Today he came out at 5 to eat breakfast with Dave. It's hard to enforce that rule when Dave is up and about. To be honest, it's hard to enforce the rule anytime. Clare sleeps most days 'til about 8:20when we wake her up to take Calvin to school. Let's all hope baby #3 is like Clare.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like Calvin's wake times are getting a little bit better! Hopefully it will continue to improve.. Good Luck!

Brittany said...

You're a saintly woman!!!

lisa h. said...

oh dear, denise! i really don't know how you do it. i suppose you must go to bed rather early these days.

I am Laura said...

To our husbands four is the morning, but to me I have usually only been asleep for a few hours since I am such a night owl.

So sorry about this. I love how late my kids sleep in.

lisa h. said...

i was thinkning maybe i'll start keeping tabs on what time i go to bed...