Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's only fair!

Well, I usually only post the silly and absentminded things that Dave does but I thought maybe I would share a little story about myself. This week I picked up some cute Christmas marshmallows -- red (more pink) and green Christmas tree shaped. I decided to make rice crispy treats with them. As I melted the butter in the pan I thought to myself "maybe I should make two batches -- one red and one green" but I ignored these thoughts and went on to make one batch of red and green rice crispy treats. But as all of you who finished kindergarten know - when you mix red and green you get an ugly grayish brown color that looks pretty nasty. Anyway, my holiday treat looked a little strange. Clare thought they were chocolate looking and Calvin just thought they were too weird to eat. So now you know I do dumb stuff too. Maybe it's contagious.

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

You made me laugh. Thanks I needed it.

lisa h. said...

that's fabulous!

well i was telling evan yesterday that you say mouse if there is 1 and then mice if there are lots of mouses.....yeah...joe shook his head wondering what i am teaching my children.

Anonymous said...

cute story Denise! I would have done the exact same thing!

loved your christmas card!!

Chris and Reba said...

Your kids are as cute as ever! And you can totally blame the mix up on Pregnancy Brain--Dave, however, does not get that excuse :)

J* said...

Mmmm...chocolate!