Monday, December 24, 2007

Calvin!!!

Calvin brought home a craft from school that is supposed to be hung up as a Christmas decoration. It is very cute -- a wreath using their hand print as the greenery. Anyway, Calvin really wanted to hang it lower than some of the options I gave him of nails already in the wall. I was busy doing dishes and not that excited to put another hole in the wall to hang the craft at his eye level so I sent him on a mission to find the hammer out of the car (where it had been left the week before). So, he went away for quite a while and I continued to do dishes. when he came back he was talking about other things so I figured he had been distracted and moved on to something else. I asked him where the hammer was and he said he already hung up the craft in his room. He has some hooks for coats/hats in his room so I figured he hung it up there and told him good job. When I went to bed last night I saw that he had actually hammered a new nail into the wall (and his eye level) and put his craft there. INTERESTING!!! I guess he figured if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

1 comment:

lisa h. said...

i love that you were like good job calvin! i'm sure you had to just laugh when you saw what he actually meant when he hung it up himself.