This morning we went to the playground and when we were finished I helped Calvin get into his seat and Clare walked around to Dave's side so he could help her into the car. I said, "Dave, here comes Clare, can you help her into the car?" He was distracted reading a book while at the same time opening up the car trunk to put in his sweatshirt. When I finished helping Calvin and went to sit in my seat I saw Clare was not in her seat still. I figured she was still standing on the other side of the car waiting for Dave's help. "Dave, where's Clare?" He looked at his left hand and saw his sweatshirt - "Clare?! Oh, I meant to put my sweatshirt away, I must have put Clare in the trunk instead!"
Disclaimer: Clare did not ever complain about being put into the trunk. She thought it was great fun!
Quote from dave on the event: "It could happen to anybody."
2 comments:
I love it! This story brought a great laugh. Thanks. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Where did you find him, anyway? :)
Post a Comment