Wednesday, March 16, 2011

the baby name game

So, as you know we will be adding another baby girl to this family in a few months. So far, we have NO names in mind. And up to a few days ago Dave was still "not ready" to discuss girl names. Now it seems he is wrapping his mind around the idea that this child is coming and this child will need a name, and if he doesn't give input it will be up to me and Clare to find a name! Clare is very opinionated about names. For kicks, I will sometimes pick up a baby name book and read to her some name choices. here's how that usually goes. anna- "love it" adam - "too boyish" ariel "love it" alanna "hate it". Every name is one of those things "love, hate or too boyish." It is a crack up!

The other kids like to think about names too. At least a couple of times a week Calvin will meet someone new (today it was a girl named Renae) and he will say, "Mom, how do you like the name Renae? Maybe it would be a good name for our new baby." he is very sweet.

Lex suggests Mollie. This is the name of her doll and also happens to be a favorite girl name of Dave and I also.

This week Dave decided he should start suggesting some names. here are a few of his crazy and funny ideas:

Joyce - his all time favorite girl name but not available to us since we have a Calvin in the family. Joyce is my grandma's name and Calvin is my grandpa's name (yes, they're married). He suggests the name every time we have a girl. I told him that maybe on our 5th girl we could use the name. NO WAY!! is his reply.

Parker - the name of our nephew but can also be used for a girl. Obviously not a good choice for us since we already have one darling parker in the family! but kind of funny to consider.

Davida- Since Dave has lost all hope of having another boy, he is considering making this girl his namesake.

Danielle - Also coming from Dave's name (his middle name). This has an added bonus. We could tell uncle Dan and Dave's Dad (dan) that we named the baby after them too!

Sandy Eggo -- Just one of the many options for a San Diego type theme name. We do love it here.

Neurosurgery themed names yet to come!

We are starting to get a few ideas, all joking aside, and hope that come July we will have something we really like. :)

10 comments:

I am Laura said...

I like Danielle.

lisa h. said...

I love Danielle....you could call her that or elle or dani maybe. that's been on our list too. mmm...I liked Ava a lot, but then it seemed to get really popular. Samantha I like too. It will be fun to see what you pick! July will be here soon!

Pete said...

Ann Arbor Gonda

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Love mollie. She's destined to be cute and sweet with a name like that.

Anonymous said...

So i just have to throw this out there, Charlotte goes really well with the names you already have in your family ;)

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

I think Davida is my favorite! :)

Anonymous said...

I like Mollie!

Hope you can come up with something. Our baby is still nameless though in the past week, we have been able to put names on a list. Naming the twins was the last thing we did at the hospital before they discharged us. And then, even walking out, I wondering if we had done it right.

Pete said...

maybe you should try "the new post game."

Linda said...

I respectfully submit the name Minnie, as that is what David wanted to name his siblings if they were a girl (after Minnie Mouse)...He was very put out we did not name any of his brothers Micky.

I love that the girls chose the name Molly. It is a darling name too.

jhorrocks said...

Hey, congratulations, Denise! We didn't realize you two were expecting. Since we have to log in to read your blog, it doesn't tell me on my blog list when you've updated, and I'm left to remember to check your blog...and I'm not good at remembering anymore.

I think Molly is really cute. I like Noelle or Evy. Jesse likes Elizabeth. I'm glad that I have absolute power or rejection over anything he chooses!