The kids sang happy birthday to him and blew out his candles for him! Tressel LOVED his hot dog!
Clare takes off Tressels collar a lot! I am always asking her to put it back on or leave it on so that if he gets out people can help him find his way home. I asked her why she took it off, thinking she did so at night so he'd be more comfortable when she gets him settled in bed each night. Her answer surprised me. "Mom, his neck is soooo beautiful." Love my Clare.
Tressel is a good dog. They say big dogs are puppies 'til 2 and I would have to agree. Though he doesn't have accidents or anything he is still very excitable and full of energy. As a family we love having a dog. However, it is a TON of work for me. The thing that makes him high maintenance is that he needs so much exercize. When I was not pregnant and not homeschooling I loved my daily walks with him and Lex in the stroller b/c it made all of us happy to be out walking. However, now that I have Calvin full time and am not walking as much as I used to it is harder to get his exercize in. I either have to take him to a dog friend house or to a park to run. It takes a lot of time. Precious time. This is not meant to be a ton of complaining but more for the education of those of you who dream of having a dog!
2 comments:
sorry about the dog - that is hard. that is one good thing about Milly, she has been great at staying inside and not being too hyper about it. hopefully it will work out. milly has calmed down a lot since she turned 3....I can take her in the front yard off leash, which I never thought would happen. calder likes taking off milly's collar but then she wears it around the house!
I thought your last sentence was directed at me, "those of you dreaming of having a dog." No dog yet we may just wait a little while longer.
Post a Comment