this post will be lacking in many many details but here is the short story of why I'm hangin' by a thread this week.
1. sickness. calvin has strep. dave and i have bronchitis. i don't get sick very often and i can't remember ever being sick for so long. it has been a full week now for me.
2.oliver. (calvin is in the musical production of oliver this weekend) so, this is tech week. It is very time consuming and trying on my patience. monday we were asked to be there at 4pm. Rehearsal did not even start 'til 7:30. Last night little ones were supposed to practice from 6-7:30. I left at 7:30 and they were just getting started (calvin was too sick to practice anyway but we were there just to watch).
3. (this is where there is a big story missing- maybe i will have time to fill in details later). this week i requested a teacher change for calvin. if he doesn't get a teacher change I will pull him out of school for the rest of the year. the principal will let me know today. mon night I had nightmares all night about big fights w/ the principal...but it wasn't too bad talking to him.
4. chorus. we're a little behind so this week (minimum days) i decided to have a couple of extra practices. This would be a little easier if I actually had a voice.
On the happy side of life I discovered a new dinner that is fabulous.
ratatouille with cauliflower instead of eggplant. I love cauliflower and can't find enough ways to work it into our menu.
calvin wore an ohio state sweatshirt last week. I got it on him b/c as he got out of the shower I stuck it in the dryer so it was nice and warm for him. He could not resist.
(calvin cut his hair again this week. when he looked in the mirror he cried b/c he didn't like it. maybe he is learning that it is not a good idea?)
7 comments:
MUCH love to you during this hard week!!! I hope everything works out with the teacher thing.
Hope things get better. Having all that stress and then being sick on top of it is hard. It is hard when the residents get sick as they can't really take time off of work. I always feel bad for Tim when that happens.
ps.. I am interested in hearing about Calvin and school when you feel like it.
so sorry that you are not feeling well. Bronchitis is aweful. My advice.. get some good sleep!
what would like be w/o a few hiccups! right :) sorry about everyone being sick. I hope the teacher stuff went ok. i wish I was there to bring you dinner or watch your kids so you could sleep!!!
Wow, Denise! What a week! You'll be in my prayers!
Oh, I'm sorry you have had such a hard week. Are you feeling any better? I'm curious about the teacher switching with Calvin. You'll have to fill me in on it later. Good luck with everything and get some sleep! :)
yes, do tell about the teacher change sometime. I pulled B out of her preschool, but just cause I didn't want to pay tuition while we're gone for 2 + months. Of course preschool is much different than real school.
Hope you're having a better week!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment