Wednesday, November 3, 2010

finishing up the columbus trip posts

went to the temple on day. It was beautiful. The grounds were breathtaking of course

(nobody was there to take my pic, so I took one of myself)!


what trip to columbus would be complete without a stop at good 'ol buckeye village?! Our first apartment in CMH.


We went walking through campus one day...saw the stadium
I got $10 for wearing my soccer shirt in public as a tourist!




also we shopped for some Ohio State clothes.





I went on a beautiful hike with April(and her cute baby kate) at a metro park. It was amazing to walk through the woods. We don't really have woods here so it has been awhile since I have been in such amazing trees!


Overall a fabulous trip. It was so nice to have a break from the stresses of life for a few days. Also, it was nice to have a break from email, computer, phone and things that make life a whirlwind ...those things are good but tend to pick up lifes pace so much. While I was gone I decided I would have more days with no computer. Also, being away from home and having a few minutes of down time gave me more time to ponder, read, and think clearly. It was nice!

And of course, the people was the best part. It was fun to observe strengths (no weakness found) and home and parenting methods of everyone, and think about how I can incorporate thosse things into my life!