Thursday, June 3, 2010

fun zoo trip

Last week we went to the zoo with several friends. It was a great morning. We were lucky enough to be able to feed the giraffes while we were there.
IT WAS AMAZING!!


My girls were a little nervous. Actually, Lex was excited until he got too close!too close was when the giraffe actually licked her hand.


Clare was terrified and didn't want any part of it, but I made her sit in my arms while I fed one just so she could see them up close.


Then the girls were happy to watch from a safe distance!




One of the most amazing things I saw was this dog/cheetah team. They have several teams at the zoo for a special show they do (that costs extra and I have never seen). However, we did see them in a holding area outside of the show. It was amazing to see these animals completely at ease w/ each other and the totally tame cheetah being pet like a house cat!

love the baby camel

We also go to hear the kookaburra sing.
.a

2 comments:

vanessa said...

How awesome! Casey and got to feed the giraffes at the PHX Zoo. It was amazing. I'm glad you had Clare do it :)

I am Laura said...

love the matching outfits. Ally has now grown into a size 7. I can't find matching outfits for my two girls anymore. They love being twinners.