Calvin's surgery went well yesterday. It was hard to go without food(after waking up at 4am) as we checked in and waited around. We had to be there at 6:30am but the surgery didn't start 'til 8:40. The surgery went well. The dr. said the tonsils and adenoids were pretty big so he thinks it'll make a difference for Calvin. He slept a couple of hours in the hospital recovery area and then we had to wake him up to get him to drink so they would let us go! He ate a lot and drank a lot yesterday which is really good. Yesterday he was SUPER groggy and tired and had a really sore throat. He slept on and off all day. I let him keep the mini-dvd player in his room and I get the feeling he was up half the night watching movies.... (maybe that was a mistake?)! We will see what today brings!
I have some pictures I will add later.
waiting for surgery

just woke up from surgery.....and then right back to sleep!

wide awake, snacking and ready to go home!

Calvin is a very easy and sweet patient. When he doesn't feel good he is tired, quiet and submissive and so sweet.
Today (tues, day after surgery) Calvin is feeling pretty well. He isn't taking any pain med and is doing just fine.
9 comments:
So glad it went well!! I really hope this IS your cure-all, and that Calvin will really start sleeping better.
Please post pictures of the removed tissues! We really want to see those.
I hope he feels better soon!
I am so glad he got it done. I can't wait to hear if it did the trick. I am hoping for you that it does so you can have this problem behind you. I am glad he is a good patient. Ally sucks as a sick kid. She is not sweet, she gets all out mean.
good to hear. i took pains meds for at least a week! but it's supposed to be better easier as a kid. i'm glad that it went well.
glad it went well. I hope it makes a difference!
What a relief that all is well. I hope this helps to alleviate some of the sleeping problems.
That's not the face of a child that would ever wake up at 4am each morning! He looks so sweet and innocent:) Glad everything went well.
Glad he is doing well!
Post a Comment