Calvin only misspelled one word on his spelling test this week. It was of. He spelled it uv. He is getting better at spelling but I do enjoy the cute way that he spells words. My favorite used to be osum (awesome)!
During FHE I asked the kids what their favorite body part is (while silently saying a prayer that nobody would choose a part that is used for going to the bathroom). Clare said her favorite body part is the brain. Dave recently got brain and skull models so he can teach the kids all about what he does! I guess she has been paying attention!
Alexey is talking more and more these days. If you say, "Hi, Lex, how are you?" she says "good"!
2 comments:
Spelling is so hard. Kids are taught to sound things out, but then have to learn all the nuanced exceptions and deviations from typical phonetics. Uv is a perfectly reasonable spelling for of.
Happy Halloween!
did you lose your camera or what? Where are the pics?
Post a Comment