Alexey is 9 months old. Eating lots of real people food and squawking at us if she misses out on anything that looks good. She's learned to do the army crawl and can move about the room that way.
She is still a super easy going little person. Very happy to be a part of it all and always full of smiles for everyone.
In other news, I finally got my quilt up on the wall. For my birthday in July 2007 I asked Dave for a quilt rack. Dave said not yet...then for my bday in 2008 I ordered it, probably in August or september (dave said, "can you please hurry up and order that quilt rack so I don't have to feel bad about not getting you a birthday present!") Then last week Dave hung it up for me! I love it. It looks great. The quilt was made by my mom and then machine quilted to put the layers together (after she died). I picked the pattern after going to one of my mom's quilting classes with her and saw it up on display and we picked the fabrics together.
here's a closeup of one of the squares.
5 comments:
How awesome that you have that! It looks great on your wall. I've often thought of hanging a quilt but it has never happened.
That is a beautiful quilt. And what a great way for your kids to remember their grandma. My dad put a portriat drawing of one of my great grandmothers on our wall when I was probably Calvin's age and I have always felt close to her, like I knew who she was and that she loved me even though I have never met her before. Have a great Christmas!
I've never seen a quilt rack like that, it's beautiful. What a wonderful memory of Clare.
Alexey is so beautiful! I'd like to munch on her little face all day long!
Ashley found me through your blog. So much fun to catch up with her. Got onto Ginger's blog from hers, then found my way back to Tasha's {who I visit occasionally but hadn't been to in a while}, and now yours. It's a Stover Hall night! So fun to keep in touch with all of you. You're all so amazing. Really.
that looks gorgeous! i'm so glad you had it finished and now it can be displayed!!
Wow, Denise, Alexey is getting so big! See?? It's been too long since we've been to the park with you!...too long!
The quilt is beautiful! And what a sweet memory of your mother. I'm glad for you that you have a place to hang it and see it often.
Post a Comment