Friday, December 19, 2008

THIS is NOT A JOKE

You will never guess what I just got in the mail. A ticket (addressed to me) with a photo (of DAVE) running a red light, AT THE SAME INTERSECTION AS BEFORE. SERIOUSLY, it happened last week on his way to the beach on his day off. He was turning right. He claims the light was yellow. The ticket claims the light was red and he only slowed to 14mph before going right though...... oh boy.

I have to write in and tell them that I am not the driver and dave says I should say "It could have been any number of people.....I can't be sure who it is...." (AKA, LIE so he doesn't get busted for another $400 ticket). What should I do? (Aside from returning his Christmas presents :) and filling his stocking with coal )

6 comments:

Em said...

Oh my. Dave, very, very bad.

If it makes you feel better Denise- Duncan has left his car keys (twice) in our mailbox lock (a very public area) for the whole world to steal his car. The 1st time a nice, honest person put them on our door step. The 2nd time I happened to leave to go buy groceries and I saw them hanging there when I left the complex.

Em said...

But this time I guess Dave can't use the "tired resident driving in the middle of the night excuse".

Laurie said...

$400 for real? Holy crap!!!

Dave, Dave, Dave!

I'm really proud of you for not swearing in this post. :-)

I am Laura said...

I wouldn't even give him coal because that would cost money. I am so sorry. I think this would cause some major marital upsets for us right now if Ben were Dave. Money is too tight already during residency. Dave -- stop for all red AND yellow lights from now on.

Melissa said...

Ouch! Dave is a naughty boy this year. I love how he wants you to handle the situation too. I am sorry for those red light cameras!

lisa h. said...

oh dear. good thing dave will have a good job in a few years...he'll be able to afford all these tickets! but he should stop running red lights until then!