
We had a nice 4th of July. We went to a "old fashioned 4th of July" event at a park in town. We listened to a band play, painted the kids faces and made a couple of crafts. There was a very nice couple standing next to us in line for the train who offered to take our picture. We handed them the camera and it didn't work becuase it was out of batteries. So, the lady whips out her camera and took a picture (above) and took our email address to send it to us.
PS. Can you tell by our Buckeye attire that we are not yet adjusted to living out of the ohio state territory? We must look pretty funny to everyone around here dressed as if we're on our way to the stadium but it ended up being an easy way to add red to the attire for the 4th.

Later, on the train ride she took a picture of Clare hanging out the window becuase she got a kick out of that. Dave took the kids on the train by himself.
We love America and are so blessed to be here, be it CA or OH. Today I was trying to teach Calvin about why we are lucky to be American's and it was a great reminder of the rich blessings we enjoy here (such as freedom to go to Kroger as Calvin mentioned), freedom to have a BBQ, see family, travel, go to church, get an education, drive a car, own property, etc.
5 comments:
Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I'm flattered. We had a great Independence Day, too, with a BBQ and the traditional trek to whatever concert John's playing in followed by fireworks. I love the Fourth!
We miss you guys. John keeps telling me that Calvin moved far away, but we can go visit him if we bring enough fruit snacks for the drive.
Sorry ... I meant Johnny, not John!
You look fantastic in your black dress and I love the pic of your family all in ohio gear. Isn't it nice that people are so friendly. That lady -- what a true American.
yes, i was explaining to evan about how a long time ago there was a war with england and the soliders fought because we didn't want to have a king tell us what to do and we won and now we get to watch fireworks. yours was probably a bit more accurate, maybe i should've stuck with the be grateful for freedom thing instead?
So, we finally got the internet and I tried to get on your page and saw it was made private. I didn't have an email invite and was about to force you to add me. Then I realized you use my OTHER email address. Yippee. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment