Friday, February 16, 2007

A Corn Dog Story

7am: Calvin makes a corn dog for Clare. He got it out of the freezer, put it in the microwave and cooked it for 1 minute all by himself.
7:30am: Clare ate oatmeal for breakfast and the corn dog is forgotten.
5pm: Dave gets home from work and Denise goes to bed (sick yesterday, but all better now) and leaves dave in charge of the kids for dinner, bath and bedtime.
6:30pm: Dave notices a corn dog in the microwave and thinks to himself "Oh, Denise didn't tell me she made a corndog....well, it feels like it has cooled off......" Calvin eats the corndog and shares with Clare.
9pm: Dave asks Denise when she made the corn dog and learns that it was nearly 12 hours old when he fed it to the kids!
8am: Kids both made it through the night without throwing up or dying from corn dog poisoning.

4 comments:

lisa h. said...

oh golly! i love this story! poor children, it's tough when mom gets sick!

I am Laura said...

Totally funny. Ally started making her own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She keeps doing it around 9:00 in the morning while I am in the shower. Isn't it surprising the things kids can do. I like your blog. Thanks for giving me the right link. Your kids are so cute.

Em said...

Love that story. I'm dying! I can totally picture Duncan doing the same thing!

Chris and Reba said...

Corn dog poisoning is scary. So glad you avoided it!

Reba