Saturday, October 6, 2012

denise - 33 years old

Well, I guess I'm next in line.  It is sort of akward to post so many pictures of myself but I love seeing pics of the "moms" when I look at other blogs, so here they are!

Life is good for me.  I am happy that Calvin is in a great school and happy that the district is paying for it and bussing him there.  That has added a huge amount of stability to my life and freedom for me to do the things I need to do during the day without interference from Calvin getting sent home or being in meetings, etc. Things are so smooth most of the time.

I love Jo and Lex home with me. Since it's Lexey's last year home we are trying to do some fun things together like go to the zoo once a month.  Since Jo still naps a lot it is easy to just stay home all day and let her sleep so I try to plan a few things with Lexey on our Fridays which is our wide open day!

I have been slacking on my cooking and healthy eating lately.  I am not sure if I have gained weight or not but I am definitely not as trim as I was 6 months ago. Now that we are back into the swing of things with school, etc.I am trying to do better at meal planning and eating healthy. Summer is too hot to cook and as a consequence thinks get a little crazy!  I need to re-train the kids to sit at the table and eat what is given to them!  

Exercize - I love walking Tressel. I can't say I always love the dog, but I do love that it forces me to walk every day. I need to add my push ups, plank ,etc back in to my workout so I'm not flabby.  Walking is my escape.  Since Dave is working at home a lot I can slip out without kids at least a couple of times a week which is really nice.  On Lexey's school days I usually do a nice long walk either with friends or by myself with an audio book. It is wonderful.

I am a permanent sub for my soccer team so I get called in every once in a while to play. It is difficult for me to commit to being there every time with dave's schedule and games being during bed time, but it is fun to get out and play sometimes. I love sports!


Kids Sing is going great. I am teaching the preschool class of 10 kids ages 3-4. It is great. Jessica is teaching the K-3 grade group and she is incredible. It is great to have a hobby to divert my mind from the mundane (but wonderful) life. It is great.

It is so fun to have Pete/Jessica/Parker and Austin living close by. We have had dan in our home for years and loved living by Dad/Kari/Shi, but it adds a whole new level of excitement having cousins close too. Pete and Jess are great! We love doing double dates and movie nights with them when we get a chance.

Dave - I love having Dave home during his research time. It makes a huge difference having a dad in the house. The kids love it. I love it. It is great to have dinner and FHE and bed time with 2 parents. I will miss him when he gets swallowed up by the hospital again next June.





 Since Tressel is hurt we haven't been to the beach much lately! I miss the beach!

Dave and I went to Wicked a few months ago. We had 3rd row amazing seats thanks to my dad. Best birthday gift ever. 




 
Dave took some candid photos recently. I am in my grubby clothes in them since I always walk in the morning and shower later. However, it is precious to see what family life is like. The girls are cute! 
By the way, the book Mars Needs Mom that we are reading is really great! one of our favorites!
 







3 comments:

Natasha said...

Love it! The reading picture is GREAT!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

You're so pretty!

vanessa said...

happy belated birthday!