On the crazy mornings when Calvin doesn't make the bus I have decided to make the most of my trip down to San Diego by stopping at dog beach with the girls on the way home. It is 10 minutes form Calvin's school to the beach (25 min to school and then 25 min home). I love the beach in the early morning. It is not crowded and it is not too hot. I dont' have to worry about sunscreen and shade. We just enjoy the cool foggy air. When Calvin doesn't make the bus and I drive him to school I am grumpy and feel my morning is ruined. When I arrive at the beach and smell the ocean air and listen to the waves and see the joy of the kids (and the dog!) I feel much better!
The girls have a good time. They love to play in the sand.
We saw dogs surfing!
Clare even went in the water on one recent trip.
I have always kept Jo in a baby carrier or in my arms at the beach but this week I decided to let her down in the sand! SHE LOVED IT!!!! And, she didn't even try to eat anything. (which is especially good at dog beach!)
I started calling the girls to come gather their stuff so we could go, and Jo was copying me -- yelling at them too. She is a funny little person. I love seeing her personality develop!
WE LOVE OUR DOG!!
1 comment:
fun to see a tiny bit of your routine. I miss you! Let's meet up soon! Late July?
Post a Comment