Thursday, July 7, 2011

labor induction -updated

This morning I said to dave, "I'm pretty tired today." He replied, "good, because you're going to sit around and do nothing all day." hmmm, interested interpretation of labor


Yesterday - had an OB appt and was at a 2.

Today -
6:45 am check in and wait and wait and wait in lobby

8am into room

9am dr breaks my water and checks me. I'm at a 4-5. She thought we can wait a couple of hours w/o pitocin to see what happens and so I am free to walk around.

12pm checked again still a 4. starting pitocin now.

3:30pm at a 5. got epidural. I forgot how much it hurts to get an epidural. Not sure if I forgot or if it is different this time but it made me shake like crazy all afternoon.

5pm at a 7

5:40 at a 10 waiting for dr.

5:52 baby "pops out" after 3 pushes. The popping out was pretty easy. The labor from 2pm 'til baby popped out not as easy.

Baby 6lbs. 13oz. 19 inches long. Everything is going well so far. It is nice to have her out and know things went so well and we are both healthy.

Tomorrow morning the kids will get to come meet her!





Bless Jessica who is home with my 3 kiddos in my non air-conditioned house which is probably 90 by now.

Hopefully next update will be a baby in a few more hours.

While we are waiting dave is learning to use his photo editing program. Here are some of his masterpieces of the day.



kids riding tressel

lex giant

calvin ghost

5 comments:

Melissa said...

waiting... hope all goes well!

Anne said...

Hooray! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Glad to see you're taking this labor thing so seriously! We're waiting for a baby! The kids loved these

Cellista said...

Congratulations!!! For some reason I thought it was next week. So am so glad to hear everything went well. I love those babies that "pop" out so quickly. Have fun with your new little one. Lots of love from Utah. :)

Melissa said...

ps.. love the photo editing... he he