I thought I should write a little about pregnancy for myself to remember what it is like. I feel like the pregnancy is harder than my others and I'm not sure if it actually is harder, or just seems harder since I can't remember what I felt like for the others. For sure this end is harder than the end of Calvin's pregnancy when I went one week over and was grateful to have the extra days to study/write my thesis.
To start off, here are a couple of quotes to bring a smile your way:
Clare: "Oh, my butt hurts soooo bad. I just had a big poo and it felt like I was having a baby!"
My OB: "Well, everything looks good. Your blood pressure, your urine, your weight. Well, that's a little high, but ok." What, have I met the female version of dave?
I feel like I am wearing super tight clothes, you know what I mean? I feel like I've squeezed into a pair of jeans that are tight and just can't wait for the end of the day to come so I can slip into something more comfortable? However, even when I slip into something more comfortable I still feel like I am wearing something too tight!!
Baby moves all the time. This is fun. Sometimes I am so tired though I feel the burden of having 4 kids already and think "how can I have 4 kids???"
Random pains when baby punches or kids inside me or when I get cramps.
Varicose veins! YUCK. They are SOOOOO UGLY. I only have them on one leg (from knee to ankle) and I never had them before. I am lucky and grateful that I didn't get these until this pregnancy. They are so icky and also so painful. I wear a compression tight on one leg only. So far it has been cool enough that I wear pants and can get away with this but when I clean at home I wear shorts and sport just one tight. It is crazy. Does anyone know how quickly these will go away after I deliver? I am so anxious to be myself again!
One of the fun things about this pregnancy is having bigger kids who can enjoy the fun parts with me. The kids love to feel my tummy/feel the baby move, ask lots of questions, suggest baby names, get excited and countdown days with me.
Three weeks from today I am getting induced. I am counting down the days! Excited to meet baby girl (no name still -- however, I am determined to have her named before her siblings meet her).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHROHJlU_Ng This is what my kids have been watching while I type.
4 comments:
I have a crush on Katy Perry. I saw her live in DC and ate Cafe Rio before-hand. Delicious evening all around.
Thank goodness our brains forget the details of pregnancy. Hang in there!
Oh my goodness Denise I had/have varicose veins too and I DESPISE THEM!!!! They popped out on my third pregnancy. I too, wore ONE compression sock (seriously, navy or tan, I had both colors) but they are STILL HERE. Given, they have faded but I think they are plain as day. I want to go to a vein specialist. And yes, they hurt during my pregnancy but not now. They're just super ugly. Anyways, that's my little story. Not long now before your little one is here. I'm so excited for you - can't wait to see pics!!! Take care and good luck!!! (BTW - Scott's comment is hilarious!)
Oh, sorry about the veins. I'm not pregnant and I wear knee high compression stockings on both legs with shorts! People think I am crazy, but my legs feel better. Hope you get relief soon! Congratulations!
Post a Comment