
I was out walking Tressel and listening to my book on CD...Tom Sawyer. Have you read it? It is all about the shenanigans of a little mischievous boy! AS I was walking and listening to these funny little stories I was thinking to myself, "what a funny book this is! All of the things this boy does are so funny to read in a book but not so funny when it is ones own kid doing it. I should remember that when Calvin gets into trouble."
Then as I walked in the door, the answering machine was playing a message from the principal asking me to call ASAP.
Here's what happened.
Mr. Embry: "Hi Mrs. Gonda. I'm calling because Calvin was involved in an incident during recess today."
Denise: okay
Mr. Embry: Apparently Will G. told Calvin it would be funny if he took his pants off at recess.
Denise: Calvin would definitely think that is funny.
Mr. Embry: yes, well, a teacher saw him take his pants off and brought him and Will to the office where they had detention. He and Will did some work here in the office and missed recess.
Denise: Sounds good. Sorry about that!
Mr. Embry: No problem, just wanted to let you know. Will G.'s parents will get a call too. Will has a very advanced sense of humor and seems to have a knack at getting himself and others into trouble!
Denise: thanks! See you tomorrow.
Later I talked to Calvin. First I should mention that the day before this incident Calvin came home and told me "Mom! Will G. tried to kill Will M.!!!!" "Will G. strangled him by the neck!"
Anyway, back to the day of our little incident.
Mom: Calvin how was school?
C: Good
Mom: Did Will G. get into any trouble?
C: Yes, me and Will both got in trouble.
Mom: what happened?
C: Weeelllll, Will G. told me it would be funny if I took my pants off at recess.
.
.
.so I did.
Mom: What about your underwear?
C: well, he told me it would be funny if I took my underwear off too.
M: (trying not to let Calvin know I was laughing inside) Was it funny?
C: a little.................., but we got in trouble.
M: Oh, well, Calvin you are a smart kid. I'm sure you can think of lots of fun things to do without getting into trouble, right?
C: well, what if Will G. tells me to do something?
M. just tell him you'd rather do something else that is fun but won't get you in trouble.
Hopefully this isn't the first of many calls from the principal. I thought the entire incident was pretty funny! I am glad that it was something very silly and that Calvin didn't hurt anyone or do anything really bad.
3 comments:
Oh that boy! At least he was very open in talking with you about it. Hopefully that's a good sign for the future. This is definitely a Dennis the Menace moment for Calvin. Gotta love him!
Oh Dear!! What a funny boy.
You always have the best stories! I would love to be Calvin's teacher--such a cute kid. I had to laugh too.
Post a Comment