Alexey is back in my closet. My room and closet were clean for about two days and now we are back to piles. Here is the very abridged version of what happened.
#1. Alexey did not sleep well in Clare's room. The worst part was going to sleep in the evening. She would talk and yell and sing and say "O-H" (clare says "i-O") for HOURS. We found that if we put Lex to bed and let her fall asleep before Clare went to bed it would be okay. I didn't give up because of this I just thought I'd make note. I figured eventually she'd settle down once the novelty of being w/ Clare wore off.
#2. One night I accidentally put Clare to bed when lex had been in bed about 30 min but was not quite asleep (7:30pm). She was being a crazy baby until about 9pm when Clare said, "Mooommmmm, Alexey is out of bed." After about 5 days of sleeping in the crib alexey learned to climb out of the crib.
#3. so, I moved her back to the pack-n-play....which happens to be in my closet.
#4. Next step is to move her pack-n-play down to clare's room but what if she decides to climb out of that once it's down there? For now it is not worth the risk.
#5. For some reason she sleeps much better in my closet. 7pm-7:30am most days. When she was in clares room she woke up at 6 every day. I'm not sure if my room is quieter for her of if she is just used to it or if it is warmer( I use a space heater to heat my closet for her)!
#6. Anyway, life is good and all is well.
4 comments:
It's funny how kids can push you to the limit- to where you will do anything to make them happy. James is on a food strike right now. I am finding myself willing to feed him anything that he will eat, which means that he is eating no veggies.
Good luck with all of that! And you're making me rethink moving Cohen into the boys' room anytime soon.
Hmm... kids are funny aren't they? We will probably have Dylan and Sophie share a room after the baby goes to his/her own room. I am also curious how that will be.
Oh, that stinks. B/c you were so brave I decided to brave the sharing room idea myself. So far it is going ok...
Post a Comment