Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a few highlights

**watching the red sox win a game at Fenway park


**seeing daves friend Tim and wife Holli. They live in the heart of boston on Beacon Hill.

**going to exeter, NH. Dave's home town from 7-12 grade.

at this house - we had lunch one day with an old family friend of Dave's. They have a grape vineyard and we had amazing home made grape juice.


**lunch at loaf and ladle. great soup and bread in exeter.

**mike's pastery in the north end. OH MY GOODNESS. Best chocolate cake and amazing cannoli's.


**great italian food in the north end. (This is Paul Revere's house one of the sights in north end.)

**meeting dave's old friend Chris and their family. His oldest kid is 3.5 (clare's age) and the 4th is due this summer!!

**the view from the top of the bunker hill monument. Almost a full 360 degrees. It was 291 steps to get up there! My legs are still killing me..
view of charlestown from the top


**blue man group

Overall we had a GREAT trip. I am happy to be home.

down sides of our trip: tips, tunnels, toll roads

10 comments:

I am Laura said...

looks like so much fun! I want to go back to Boston again. WE did a trip a long time ago and I have forgotten it all.

Scott said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Dave is still full of OSU pride; either OSU or red in every picture. Go Buckeyes. I totally could use a vacation!

@Pete & Jessica - following the Gonda tradition, you guys aren't allowed make any posts that include pictures of Pete unless he's prominently displaying Michigan attire in at least one picture.

Melissa said...

Oh, looks so nice and that chocolate I bet tasted so dreamy. I am glad you got to have a vacation with just the 2 of you. How many weeks of vacation do you guys get each year?

lisa h. said...

you look so great (must be the break from kids)! looks like a lot of fun. i can't wait for a kid-less trip!

Johnson Fam said...

Your pictures make me long to go there again myself. It is such a beautiful part of the country that I've always wished to spend more time in. Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourselves. How's your dad?!

Lisa said...

Jealous! Glad you had a great time. I must add that you look so gorgeous in all of the shots!

Deanne said...

sounds like a great trip Denise! how nice to have a getaway with just your husband!!! (I get my turn in July!) :)

Jessica said...

How FUN! I would love a trip with out the kiddos. Glad you had such a great get away :-)

jhorrocks said...

Sounds like you guys had a good trip to Boston/New Hampshire. I am glad you were able to go and see it.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks like a fabulous trip together! Don't even get J.R. started on toll roads...