Wednesday, May 27, 2009

mistake

When Calvin feel asleep as we pulled into the driveway a little after 6 tonight I fought to keep him awake so he could eat dinner before going to bed. This was a mistake. He was so grumpy that he didn't get dinner anyway. He cried when he smelled dinner "it smells disgusting" and was so mad when I told him he had to eat some before I'd make him a new dinner that he went in the other room and gave himself a little haircut. A while later, while I was getting the buzzers ready so that I could give him a trim and make him look decent the dog runs out to the road chasing another dog who is out on a walk. The people walking the dog save Tressel's life by stopping traffic (otherwise he would have been hit by a car). I run up to get Tressel and return to see Calvin ...

Tomorrow Calvin wants to cut the rest of his hair to match! He will look ridiculous. But I'm not really sure what else to do. I was laughing just to think of it. Tonight he said, "it will be funny and then it will grow back!" so true.

And here are my beautiful girls who make life sweet

13 comments:

Scott said...

No guard buzzes are the best! Good thing it is summertime. It will be really easy to manage and at least Calvin is smiling! Just don't forget sunscreen on his head when you go to the beach :)

I'm glad your neighbors saved Tressel.

Em said...

Oh Calvin, you really should go to hair cutting school.

Thanks for the best laugh in a very long time.

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Calvin has a good point. Thats what I tell Sheri when I buzz my head.

-Pete

Em said...

So, my last comment sounds snarky...I totally didn't mean it that way. Calvin just LOVES to cut hair and it's so entertaining.

Denise said...

em, no worries. I didn't think it sounded snarky at all. just glad calvin can entertain everyone.

vanessa said...

Calvin makes me smile! Did he end up going to bed on time?

Melissa said...

That sounded like a lovely day, yikes!...I can't wait to see his final hairdo.

Lisa said...

Seriously? What was your first reaction...just curious, because I know what mine would be!

Scott said...

I agree with Melissa. You need to post a pic of Calvin after you fixed his hair.

I'm also thinking it fortunate that Calvin did that to his own hair instead of to Clare. Calvin might not have survived if you came back to find Clare's head shaved bald.

lisa h. said...

oh denise! if you didn't have kids, wouldn't your life be so boring!

we were at the pool yesterday (on tremont rd by the big libary) and this big yellow lab comes running across the park and through the gates of the pool and jumps right into the water and went swimming!! about 5 min later the owner came and said he had run out the front door. He knew exactly where he was going!

Has tressel gone for a swim in your pool yet?

Deanne said...

Oh. no. he. didn't. *sigh* I feel your pain Denise! Bummer thing is that he doesn't seem too phased by it. but then again, they way you wrote about it makes me think that in the end you weren't either! :)

Krystal Trapnell said...

My sister's little boy (3) did the EXACT same thing on Easter. He also cut Kyla's hair, but it was with scissors in the back. If he had done that to her...it would have been bad. So, yeah, Calvin looks funny now, but it will grow back fast. You're a good mom not to get upset about it. :)

Laurie said...

Oh boy, oh boy! Oh boys. Oh, oh, oh. Really, some days there are no words, huh?

I'm so impressed by your good attitude! {You've always been an example.} I really don't know what I would have done!