A friend posted a funny story on her blog about falling asleep and missing pick-up of her kids at school. I was going to post my story in her comments but realized it was waayyy too long for that so I posted here instead for all to enjoy.
One day as I was getting to be time to go get calvin and I couldn't find my keys. I had a brief glimpse in my memory of having seen clare walk away with them so when they turned up missing I knew they were not just missing but had passed through the hands of a toddler and could be anywhere. I looked for them for an 45 minutes and by that time school was just getting out and I still had no sight of them. I had to call the school and tell them I'd find someone to come get Calvin. I called several people and finally got in touch with a new person in our ward. She had just gotten home from getting her kids and she went back to school to pick up Calvin for me and bring him home. I told the office ladies who were watching Calvin 'til she got there "my friend Holli is coming to get Calvin. He doesn't know her AT ALL so don't be surprised if he doesn't want to go with her!" Super embarrassing!!! Oh, and I found my keys plugged into the electrical outlet later that day. I guess I am lucky to have found them AND that Clare didn't die.
Another time I was lucky that Clare didn't die was the day that Calvin gave her Tylenol. I had just given her Tylenol. For her the correct dose is 2 squirts of the concentrated infant drops. Calvin saw me do this and then came by about 30 minutes later and gave her 2 more squirts. I freaked out! Cried and panicked (and maybe yelled I can't remember...). I called poison control and they informed me that she would be perfectly fine as she was no where near the lethal dose for Tylenol.
It is a miracle our kids have lived as long as they have and still continue to live with such dimwitted parents as we are!!! All joking aside I feel fortunate that my kids have been watched over. There are many other times that serious accidents could have happened and they have been protected and remained healthy and safe. What a blessing my kids are!
Another quick story: today I was out walking with Clare and our neighbor asked me if Clare was my sister!!
6 comments:
whoo, you must be looking good! they thought you were in high school i guess.
oh denise, wow, the electrical outlet! i bet your heart skipped a beat when you saw that! well, i've almost missed the bus drop evan off twice! i pulled up while the bus was sitting in front of our house about to leave....so embarassing.
hey is calvin still buying lunch at school!
Oh Denise....your stories always make me feel like I am not alone.
We are blessed that our children are so cared for....after all, we are only human! :)
Someone asked me once whether Lance was my brother. Funny that when Dan was born some people probably thought that he was your kid and you were a teen mom. Now that you're an adult, some people think that your kids are your siblings. Life is so funny.
I'd take it as a great compliment if someone asked me if either Meg or Hailey were my sister! Your stories always make me laugh. Clare is a little miracle! What a sweetheart.
In Ohio people used to ask if I was Ellie's nanny. (Better than being her grandma, I guess) I'm so glad Clair survived unlocking your outlet.
Wow, that is so funny they thought you were sisters. Love it! Hopefully Clare learned her lesson with the keys; that sure is scary.
Post a Comment