so.....I was asked (because I run the bookclub and not because I am any kind of expert in the field) to teach a class on books at a stake enrichment coming up in June. I will probably be coming to you for some help over the next couple of months. The first thing I need to know is: What is your favorite book? hopefully it goes without saying that it needs to be clean
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. ~Mark Twain, attributed
"Instead of going to Paris to attend lectures, go to the public library, and you won’t come out for twenty years, if you really wish to learn." Leo Tolstoy
"I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson
The smallest bookstore still contains more ideas of worth than have been presented in the entire history of television. ~Andrew Ross
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. ~Charles de Secondat, Baron de la Brède et de Montesquieu, Pensées Diverses
No comments:
Post a Comment