Saturday, October 11, 2008

quick funny story

Last Sunday morning we decided it might be a good idea to get dressed and go to church for general conference since with dave’s bro here there were just too many people to crowd around the computer and watch. So, everyone got ready and right around 8:30 (the broadcast started at 9), I put Alexey to bed because she couldn’t wait another minute. I send dave with both kids and said, “I’ll catch up with you when Alexey wakes up.” Well, the minute I sat down ALL BY MYSELF to watch conference I realized I wasn’t going over to meet dave even if Alexey did wake up. It was just so nice to listen without the two big kids. Anyway, Alexey did sleep ‘til 11 so I had a good excuse to stay home by myself and enjoy a lovely conference session all by myself. Have I mentioned by myself yet?

When Dave got home he was VERY frazzled and pretty upset that I had ditched him. The other family members got quite a kick out of Dave because it was a one in a million time that HE would be the one at church by himself. And if anything, it was easier than most weeks at church because I did have one kid at home (granted, I kept the sweetest and easiest kid).

While at church dave sent the kids to get a drink without an adult. They were gone for 20 minutes and finally clare came back and said, “daddy, Calvin is making a mess.” So, he came to check on them. They had been in the WOMEN’s restroom and had filled up a toilet with an entire roll of toilet paper. So, dave had to clean it all out so that the toilet wouldn’t clog. He was not happy about this – especially since he was in the women’s bathroom!!! Ha, Ha. I still smile thinking of this. (Am I wicked?)

10 comments:

lisa h. said...

yeah, slightly wicked i would say. by yourself! how lovely. i don't know if dave will trust you again when you say you'll catch up! i was missing y'all today thinking about football season and getting together to grill and watch the game.

Em said...

Glad you got to have some good alone time watching conference. I think it's so good for our husbands to get a glimpse into what we do day in and day out. And Dave's reactions are priceless.

Em said...

P.S I just read this to Duncan and I'm cracking up.

I hope something like this happens to him one day. Suppose that makes me wicked too!

Melissa said...

Isn't it nice to let the hubby's watch the kids every now and then. I am sure you enjoyed conference so much more too.

That cracks me up about the kids clogging the toilet. Did Dave ever wonder after 5 minutes where the kids were? I guess he learned his lesson :) First job: neurosurg resident 2nd: plumber

Emilee said...

How delightful to have conference to yourself! What a lovely treat. I'm so jealous! I'm just looking forward to the primary program next week so I'll get sacrament meeting with only the baby. Ahhh. . . . I'm sick of being a single mom.

I am Laura said...

Good for you!!! Dave - I have no words for.

Heather said...

Glad you didn't go. Sounds awesome, ocnference with only one sleeping/happy baby.

Stinks for him about the clogged toilet in the women's room though ,. . .

Deanne said...

I mus admit that I would be tempted to do the same thing (stay home and smile!) :)

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

i never thought about doing this...very funny!

Thany said...

This made me laugh so much! David has had moments like that many times and it is more satisfying than I expected to hear all the shenanigans the kids get into. He's lucky though, once he gets to church he has people who help him! The rat.

:)