Friday, October 17, 2008

pumpkin carving calvin


Calvin really enjoys carving pumpkins. He picked out his own little pumpkin, drew a face on it and then watched dave carve it for him, giving very careful instructions such as "DAD!! Stay on the lines." "DAD! Make sure you do a rectangle, not a square!"





Today we stayed after school to play on the playground and I noticed Calvin could swing without any help -- I have never seen him do that before. I guess he learned by watching all the kids at school pump their legs.

Also, I ordered Calvin new glasses so hopefully we won't have to look at crooked glasses anymore. I got him rec specs -- made for sports so they should hold up well to the every day use of a five year old boy.

2 comments:

Em said...

What a cutie! He looks so excited about the pumpkin.

Jessica said...

So Cute! He did a great job on his pumpkin. Our boys are at such a fun age. :-) Sounds like his new glasses will be really great.