Saturday, October 25, 2008

captain underpants


This week we brought home a captain underpants book from the library and this afternoon I was reading it to the kids during lunch. Calvin thought it was great!!! He loves to be silly and talk about toilets, and other potty things like diapers. He got a big kick out of the monster getting flushed down the toilet in one of the stories. Anyway, Calvin decided that he would dress up as captain underpants for the church Halloween party tonight. It is not his Halloween costume but he said, "I'll be Captain underpants tonight at the party and then be a power ranger for Halloween!"
It started out with just underwear and a cape, but that's a little inappropriate for any setting outside of the house. So we put some pants on under his underwear for a while. (we started getting dressed for the Halloween party about 3 hours before it started).



Then clare wanted to be CU as well. Or I guess I should say Captain underpanties, so she put her underwear outside her clothes.

But, really she was Cinderella for the Halloween party and wears her Cinderella dress almost every day.

check out those eyes...so beautiful

Here is Calvin in the costume parade. The blue tape on his shirt says "captain underpants" He wrote captain himself. Notice his new glasses. They go along with the costume really well but they drive me crazy because they push on his ears so much. We're going to try one other pair that will be very similar, but hopefully a little better fit.


Here are the kids doing the limbo. You might notice that Calvin has given himself another haircut in the front. But so far he hasn't had the time, or been in the mood to let me buzz it so that it's all even. I love Calvin! He is such a quirky kid.


And one of alexey. not in Halloween get up, but couldn't have a post without her!


PS. Calvin won the costume contest for boys!

5 comments:

Chris and Reba said...

I think those books are funny too and I LOVE Calvin's costume.

Holly said...

Such a great costume. Henry loves those books we may just have to steal that idea for next year.

Deanne said...

Captain Underpants....hahahaha, that's awesome! And how fun that he won the contest! What did he win??

I look forward to seeing you and the kids on Wednesday!!!! Hooray for park day!!!

lisa h. said...

way to go calvin!! that is so funny, evan came home the other day talking about some baby in underwear in a book...and it was CU, i guess the kids are into him at school here also.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I love the captain underpants--great idea, and Calvin MAKES the costume!