Sunday, April 15, 2007

What's New?

The kids are being burritos!
Calvin and Clare singing ring around the rosies.

C and C eating breakfast at the kitchen table.


Calvin loves to practice his letters. He can write D, B, A, X, T, I, H, K, L, M, W, -- basically all the ones with straight lines.



Clare has learned to climb. She spends 90% of her awake time sitting on a kitchen chair - eating, playing or just hanging out (or climbing onto the table from there)! She is a funny girl! She loves to be a part of it all. She has learned a few words. "yeah" "cheese" for the camera, "no" and "all done". She loves to sing ring around the rosies and says "ashes, ashes" while dancing around the room and gets a thrill if anyone will join her by holding hands and singing along.

Calvin has been singing I Will Be Here. It is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman but we have a CD of Pete ane Jessica singing it. They also sang it at their wedding. It is song #15 and we have listened to it about 15 million times in the last week or so. Calvin sings along to most of it, even when jessica sings up to a high F. IT is a crack up!! I acually really like the song. It has a nice message for a wedding. Here are they lyrics.

If tomorrow morning when you wake up, the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark we lose sight of love, hold my hand and have no fear
I will be here

I will be hear
When you feel like being quiet
When you want to speak your mind, I will listen
And, I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and tryin'
We'll be together
I will be here

Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the future is unclear
I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetime was made for these years
I will be here


I will be here
you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
and I will be here
to watch you grow in beauty
and tell you all the things you are to me
we'll be together
I will be here

I will be true to the promise I have made
to you and to the One who gave you to me.

tomorrow morning, when you wake up,
if the sun does not appear
I will be here

1 comment:

lisa h. said...

i'll have to listen to that song, sounds very sweet.

cute pics of the kids!