Sunday, April 8, 2007

About me!

Quite a while ago Emily flagged me to post something about me. Maybe it was a 6 interesting things about me or a top 100. I can't remember but I decided I'd give it a try. I typically use my blog to stay in touch with the out of town family who want to see the kids but I think it would be fun to do some of the traditional blogging as well. So, here goes. 6 things about me.

1. My most embarassing moment. Now, get ready with your box of tissues becuase you'll probably laugh so hard that you'll cry. I have never told anyone this one before. ..... One time I drove away from the gas pump with the pump still attached to my car!!!!! HUMILIATING. TERRIBLE and did I mention EMBARASSING!!!!! I was lucky that I didn't break the car or the pump. Well the gas station was a bit damaged, I guess. The pump and hose did detach from the rest of the gas station but there was no permanant damage done. I was pretty lucky for those reasons and the fact that the gas station was so busy that day that the one lady working the station didn't have time to think or really check it out when I went in to tell her what happened. This took place when I was living in Utah and I was in the suburban. It was probably 5 years ago. In my defense (can there be a defense?) the reason I did this is becuase the lady behind me in line for gas at the busy gas station was yelling at me to hurry. Suburbans take 40 gallons so it takes a long while to fill up. I guess I was pretty flustered.

2. I was an all-state soccer player in high school. I played 4 years on the varsity team. My senior year I scored or assisted every game winning goal. In college I decided not to play soccer because I wanted to do a science major and graduate fast. I didn't think that it would be feasible to do soccer and have chemistry, biology lab, etc since they were all afternoon. I did graduate in 3 years. But, a lot of times I wish I had played soccer too.

3. My junior and senior year of high school I was the drum major of our 380 member marching band. I loved doing it. I never thought that I was a nerd for doing it -- but I guess I probably was. (Dave has enlightened me on the subject so now I know that band people are nerds. He was one of those people who was mortified to show up anywhere in a band uniform.)

4. Dave and I have known each other for almost 10 years. We met early in the fall of 1997. We dated for a couple of months before our first kiss in November of that year. We've been married for 6 and a half years.

5. Sorry if this isn't intersting. I'm having trouble thinking of things to say. Oh, here's one. My most embarassing moment before I drove off with the gas pump happened my freshman year of high school. I threw up on the white house lawn. I like to tell people that the reason why was becuase the picture of pres. clinton on the way out made me sick but really I was just over tired. My soccer team took a trip out to DC for a tournament and we stayed up really late one night. The next morning was our white house tour and so it was the lack of sleep that did it to me. I went home and took a nap and then I was find the rest of the weekend.

6. I love calendars! One of my favorite things to do is take down the calendar off the wall and plan something, count weeks 'til something is coming up, dream or whatever. If Dave wants to make me happy he knows one way to do it is just sit down with me and my calendar and talk!

5 comments:

Em said...

I loved your six things (and totally forgot that I tagged you). Though the gas tank story made me laugh, I particularly enjoy the clinton picture barf .) And here I thought you were great on the basketball court...now I've got to see you play soccer!

lisa h. said...

okay, yes, that is really embarassing!!! I see people all the time who forget to close the cover on their cars gas thing and I think, how could they forget to close that!

i'll have to write an embarassing moment in my next post.

Anne said...

Great post, Denise! Hey please forgive my un-excusable lack of communication about the Special Interest group and come anyway! It's tonight. :)

Also... want to play soccer this Saturday? A bunch of guys and myself go play at a field in Hilliard. I kind of liked being the best (um, ok, only) girl there... but it'll be fun to get beaten by a girl. :)

I am Laura said...

I totally love soccer too. I didn't play for a long time in life because when I made the competition team in 6th grade my mom told me the soccer was a boy's sport and she wouldn't drive me to practice or the games. I still haven't forgiven her for that. I wish I would have tried out in highschool, but by then I had a part time job. What I wouldn't kill to go back in time and live life up instead of trying to get everything done fast. Hey I like the new blog.

Thany said...

Ohhh, I will be grilling you for details on some of this next Thursday! I am enjoying this so much-getting to know you and your family so much better! Especially loooove the pictures of your sweeties!