Monday, September 24, 2012

Alexey - exactly 4 1/2



 


It is hard to believe how quickly lex is growing up. She is such a fun little person. I love having her home with me.


Lex is a great age! She is obedient, easy going and playful. She is old enough to be a good helper and a good example. 


 
She loves babies. She wants to play with Austin when he is here and any other baby she can get her hands on.

She is also a good playmate for Clare. They love to put on shows and do other activites together.   I love watching the girls play together. They are so great.

 That being said, she is the least forgiving of Calvin. When he is throwing a fit/having a bad day, she will tease him and make it worse. If he is in a bad mood and calls her a name, she will call him a name back. If he teases her, she will hit him.  When Calvin is having a bad day and I'm trying to get him to settle down I will sometimes bribe lex to go read a book in her room or watch a movie on my laptop or something just to get her out of his way so he can cool down.  She cracks me up!

Lexey can entertain herself very well. If I am busy at home, cooking, cleaning, reading, doing other things...she will play with herself so nicely. Sometimes I feel like I need to pay more attention to her because she can honestly play for hours by herself.

Lexey is beautiful! She has gorgeous blue eyes and curly hair! 


Lex loves to wear dresses. She rotates between a few clothes that she loves and even though she has a drawer full of clothes if she can't find what she likes she insists she has nothing to wear.

Lex loves music. She loves to sing and she loves the piano. She plays piano every day. She is not taking lessons- she is too young - but she mimics clare's scales and some other simple songs.  I often wonder if she will love it even after we start lessons and make her practice every day. I hope so!

Lex has a few things going on her life this year.

Monday - Wee sing - the preschool group of Kids Sing. I teach the class at our home. There are 10 kids in the class. She is the oldest and enjoys being a leader.

Monday - speech. Towards the end of last year I had lexey tested through the school district and she qualified for speech. She does this at our local elementary school right at the end of the school day so that I dont' have to make an extra trip down to school to pick up Clare.

Tues/Thrusday- "joy school" This year lexey is in a preschool swap. It is T/Th 9-noon. There are 7 kids (6 moms). and we each take turns teaching for a week. Our curriculum is from Funshine express. Lex is the oldest in this class also.  There are a couple of kids who just turned three this month who are pretty young and one pretty busy boy so it makes for a busy group. I'm sure they will settle down as the months go by.

Friday - gymnastics.  Lexey has a darling teacher  named YuFei who was a gymnast in China and moved her about a year ago.  Her english is tough to understand but she is really darling with the kids.  She is enrolled through November.  I am not sure if I am going to be willing to pay for her to continue!  At age 4 I don't mind her practicing rolling and bouncing around at home and on the playground!


Lexey loves Jo. She likes to entertain her and play with her and be silly and make her laugh. She is a good helper too. Sometimes Lex is a little too hands on and she will push Jo to the point that she screams and wants to be left alone. Overall though Lex is great.  I took a bunch of pics one afternoon of the two of them playing on the skateboard.  It is sweet to see lexey push jo, help her on, help her off and be such a great playmate! She has such a good heart.














 


 
 
 
Another evening .. .giving Jo hugs!
 
Jo says thanks so much now stop touching me!


1 comment:

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Soo many great pictures. Love Lexey girl.