Alexey is very cute! She has a sweet bubbly personality and a sunny disposition most of the time. Sometimes she forgets to be sunny and instead decides to be obnoxious. She likes to tease Calvin when he is in a bad mood. Her favorite person lately is Daddy. She loves to attach herself to him and today even wanted to stay home and sit on his lap rather than go play with a friend (very unusual for her to think anything is better than being with a friend)! Alexey loves to go get in bed with little JoJo when she hears her wake up in the morning or from a nap. The two girls will play together for a few minutes before I pull Jo out of bed. They both love this time. Lexey also loves to bounce, shake, drag Jo on the floor and try anything to get her to laugh. Jo seems to really like all of this tortue. I will tell Alexey, "alexey, you're being too rough, be more gentle." and she will say, "but look, little jojo is laughing. she likes it."
Alexey is super competitive and fiesty. One of my very sweet friends played a game with her and said, "wow, she really wanted to win!" The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. When we play games together at home I have to try to teach her to play by the rules because she will cheat to win. Alexey seems to be quite coordinated and also musical so I think she will have some fun areas to work on as she gets older and will enjoy some good competition through sports and music!
Alexey ADORES her sister Clare. The two of them can play for hours. While Clare is the sweet and nurturing one, Lexey is the funny and wild one. The girls play make believe, mom and baby, teacher and student and who knows what else. It is so wonderful! This week Lex said to me, "mom I laughed so hard, I barfed. just a little." Several times this year I have checked clare out of school early just so she could have some time to play with (babysit) Alexey so that could get some stuff done while Calvin was at school!
Alexey loves cheerios and milk. She could eat this 3 meals a day. If I am sick or not cooking for some reason, she easily resorts to this. She also likes bread and butter. Those two things are our go to snacks for her.
Lex is girly like clare. She likes to dress up and sing and dance and feel beautiful.
Alexey is learing to write and about letters and reading. She knows some words like, MOM, DAD and her own name. I am trying to be more dilligent about teaching her letters and numbers becuase I can tell that she is really ready for these things.
Lex LOVES her dad! She would rather sit on his lap than go anywhere (much to his dismay when he is trying to get work done). She is a "barnacle" in full force!
Lexey recently started speech therapy at the kids' elementary school. She loves to go to school like the big kids! She is practicing pronuncition. She is very cooperative and sweet with her teacher. Alexey is looking foward to being in K in just another year and a half. Since next year is my last year with Lex at home we are going to buy zoo passes and go on some fun days to the zoo and wild animal park with her and little Jo.
We are lucky to have Alexey in our family. She is so fun and it will be great to see her grow and learn new things!
No comments:
Post a Comment