Wednesday, January 25, 2012

cute Alexey

Every so often (once a month or less) Lex loves to come get in bed with dave and I during the night. Her favorite spot is right in between the two of us where it is nice and warm and cozy. Sometimes she will fall asleep and then dave or I will carry her back to bed. Sometimes we are too tired to care and just let her stay 'til morning. Sometimes we don't even hear her come and wake up to see a little one in our bed!!! :) Lex has lots of accessories for sleeping - blankets, bears, dolls - and she often brings them with her to our bed. The whole thing is very darling as long as it remains very infrequent. (I remember a phase where she tried coming in every night. She would tell me before bed, "Mom, I might have to come sleep with you because I might have a bad dream." She would pretend to have bad dreams so she could come be with us!)

Anyway, last night was one of those nights for Lex. She came up to our room around 3 or 4am. She got in bed and went right back to sleep. In the morning she told me why she came to our bed. "Mom, last night I came to your room because I thought Clare and Tressel were ghosts. When I walked by Clare and Tressel I saw that they were not ghosts but I was already afraid because when I had closed my eyes I saw a movie and in the movie they were both ghosts." What an interesting way to describe a bad dream.

No comments: