Saturday, May 7, 2011

chours concert

This week was chorus week at school. Tues. morning we had our assembly and then Thurs. evening was our concert for the parents/families. Everything went really well. I am always stressed before the show becuase it seems we aren't ready. However, it turned out great! I am always amazed and impressed at how the kids really pull it together at when show time comes! They sure do like to perform. And of course the parents LOVE to watch their kids!



Our program was called NUTS!

I stole some pics off facebook from one of the chorus moms since I don't have a camera.


rehearsal the morning of our show. lex is always wandering around being a big help. The kids up front are acorns and nuts. Some of the moms helped with costumes and they all turned out to be really cute!


the kids up front are BIG BAD SQUIRRELS. Calvin was one too. (though not in this pic) Clare is right behind the little squirrel front and center


One of the moms did an AMAZING JOB getting the set ready. She got really lucky and a person at her church donated all of those LIVE trees since he owned a nursery that was closing down. She sold them after the show as a fundraiser for chorus next year. I am not teaching chorus next year, but this mom will be. She will be awesome!


We have one more show at another school in a couple of weeks. We won't take our full set with us but at least I'll have a chance to get some good pics of my kids!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Allie is doing "Nuts" with her 3rd grade class tomorrow. I'm excited to see it!

Johnson Fam said...

Looks like you've done a great job with all of this Denise. Glad the everything came together and I can't wait to see more pics of the kids.