Sunday, September 12, 2010

bike makeover for Calvin

We found a bike in our garage that used to be Shianne's. It is the perfect size for Calvin but too girly - green and purple. So Dave and Calvin decided to spray paint it with boy colors. They had fun doing this project together...going to home depot to pick paint and spending a few days painting it.

ready to paint with face protection!







Here is the finished product!
The design was completely Calvin's idea. I can't believe Dave was actually willing to do it!

Now we have a dog named Tressel and a bike named Blue.


A new word Calvin learned while making this bike: ghetto.

Calvin, can you use ghetto in a sentence? "Mom, my bike is ghetto. That means cool."

And just for fun, here is a cute one of Dave and Alexey.

People tell me all the time that they look alike!

7 comments:

vanessa said...

Well I like the bike even if it he is a Michigan Fan. Maybe someday he will switch sides again!

Natasha said...

ghetto - LOL!

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Stop the madness! Can't believe Dave allowed that... what a supportive dad he is. It looks great!

Melissa said...

I can't believe Dave painted that... it looks good though!

Pete said...

aMAIZEing! Go Blue!

R said...

What?! Michigan?!
That's classic. lol.

I am Laura said...

Fun! I love making something old new. So cute. Sorry I haven't looked at private blogs in a long time. I am catching up today.