silver strand is a neat place because you have the bay and beach within 100 yards of each other. WE camped on the bay side of the highway and were able to have great access to the beach as well through a tunnel.

another cool ariel pic of silver strand I found on the internet

in the afternoon we had a surfing class. The weather was pretty cool (around 70) and very overcast and most of the girls didn't like the water much. Some of them were surprisingly very good. I was not that good but I had a lot of fun trying! I wiped out A LOT -- and not just the fall into the water kind of wipe out, the kind of wipe out where water goes up your noes and in your ears and there is sand everywhere and you get sand burns from hitting and rubbing on the ground so hard. It was crazy and I had a lot of fun. I surfed until I was so tired that I couldn't lift my body to standing position anymore!
tyring to "pop up"

often by the time I finally caught my balance and got up I was on the sand as seen here!

barely on!

the waves were actually pretty big so we surfed in the white wash which is a great place for beginners to start! There are no pics here of my glorious wipe outs but one of my friends said that for her bday present to me she will watch the kids sometime so that dave can come watch me make a fool of myself.
In the evening we had a great fireside that I planned and put together for the last 3 months. It turned out well. I'll post about it later if I have a chance but for now I'll say how great it was for Pete and Jessica to come sing and to have a guest speaker come too. that made it very special.
I took my kids to camp the first day and kept them there all evening until about 11pm. They were filthy and had a good time!

They loved singing the campfire songs and seeing all the girls have fun. Calvin loved the bike rides we went on and I even let him come back to camp Wed night with me so that he could do more of our bike riding! .
Girls camp is awesome! The girls have such a great time and it is totally worth all of the effort it takes to plan and prepare! I especially love that the girls are so willing, make that sort of willing to come without phones and ipods so that they have so much time to talk and get to know each other and help each other. It is just a beautiful thing to see how amazing these young women are. What a privelidge it is to associate with them!
2 comments:
That looks like an awesome girls camp! It is funny when we went, none of us had cell phone or ipods... it was like, leave your cd player or walkman at home... to funny!
those are some great action shots... you look pro to me! I am glad you had fun! We'll have to check out that beach sometime.
Post a Comment