Don't you think pregnant people should get into amusement parks for free? I mean they can't ride the rides and surely they'll off-set their admission cost at the concession stands!!? (no worries, I'm not pregnant but I was remembering the last time I went to an amusement park I was pregnant...)
now this next question is for those of you with little girls. How do you do their hair every day? What products and tools do you use? Clare wakes up with tangles in her hair and HATES for me to touch it. I was wondering what your secrets are to making your children presentable without the fussing and crying. I wonder if there is any spray in dangler? Help me out, gals!
15 comments:
johnson's makes a spray detangler that you can use on wet or dry hair...i use it on calder.
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp14462_333181_sespider/johnsons/no_more_tangles_detangler_spray.htm
Like Lisa said their is a spray detangler, but I don't find it works all that great. Ally cries everytime I do her hair and I try to be gentle. My problem is that Ally's hair gets full of static and falls out so easily so she really only looks good for the first hour or so of the day. Do you know anything for making hair not be full of static? Ally can't stand it sticking to her face. If her hair were not full of static everyday I would just leave it straight in a bob with a barrette on the side -- less fuss and looks better all day.
The only thing that helps Emery is conditioner, and lots of it. Given I only wash her hair every other day but it does help. As for static, I have no idea. Some say that after you rub lotion on your hands, do a short, quick rub in their hair which I find does help. Like I said, a short quick rub - don't want a grease ball on your hands. Let me know what works for you - I'm always looking for anything to calm the girl drama! Good luck. :)
Give Calvin the scissors...he will fix it.
I think pregnant ladies should have to pay at Disneyland- there are probably only 4 rides they can't go on.
Oh boy, the joys of doing a 3 year old girls hair! Megan just cries till we're done and then she's fine. What I know and don't know...there are a few shampoo/conditioner combo detanglers along w/ spray in conditioners/detanglers. For static, try a dryer sheet?! I've always heard this so why not give it a try. If hair is cut every few months less damage to it and it's ends and often less tangling; not to mention short styles won't tangle as much either. Will she sleep with a ponytail? This might help. I find in doing Meg's hair it stays "done" better if it's dry when I do it instead of wet which I've always found odd.
About pregnancy and amusement parks, I'm not sure. If you are obviously prego you probably shouldn't be riding most things so I'd say give 'em at least a reduced entrance fee.
Try putting dryer sheets inside the pillowcases. That will help with static and make the pillow smell fresh.
Well, Sophie is only 9 months, but we use Johnson's detangler spray and then they also have it in a tube. She has some natural curl to her hair, so we also put in a little product that is very light weight and like a cream and it helps make the curls better. It doesn't stay stiff like hairspray or gel so it is nice to use on her.
Thanks for the preggo disclaimer... i assumed that you were making an announcement. haha.... Clare's cute no matter what her hair looks like.
I keep cutting Ellie's hair short, but I would like it long. Lately, I let her watch PBSkids while I brush her hair. A good brush plus the detangler seems to work better than a comb. But I think she's getting close to haircut time.
I bet a lot of women would say they're pregnant to get in for free!
the deyangler works great...i even usu it sometimes. and use a big tooth comb...like this makes a HUGE difference:
http://www.amazon.com/Revlon-RV2513-Color-Detangling-Colors/dp/B0002YE8F2/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1234374229&sr=8-1
i'm holding nolan...my spelling is bad!
A hat!!!
I know this is late and you already have a lot of good advice. For Olivia's hair I do: conditioner (lots) during bath, spray in conditioner when I 'fix' it, I sometimes braid at night in two pigtails and just redo the braid in the morning if it's sloppy, I put her hair in curlers Sat. night so on Sunday morning I just have to take out the curlers and not brush- so much easier, I also use a wide flat hairbrush (mine) and that seems to help, brush when wet and there is less tangling if I blow dry when brushing. Whew, I just realized I put a lot of work into my girls hair----maybe I'll get it cut!
Post a Comment