Saturday, February 21, 2009

disneyland

When Dave woke up and said good morning to Calvin, Calvin said, "Dad, I'm not 6 yet, I haven't blown out my #6 candle." (the night before I had made a good dinner and planned to have a family b-day dinner and party at home but our power was out all evening so we ended up having to go out to eat and Calvin fell asleep at the dinner table)! So, on his birthday the first order of business, before we could go to disneyland, was to blow out the #6 candle so Calvin could be officially 6. And hey, what's better than cupcakes for breakfast on your birthday?




Blogger is being a little fussy this afternoon so bear with me as all the pics are out of order.


This was the last night of the night, on Dumbo. Alexey loved all the rides! On this ride I was snuggling with her and trying to hold her close and she was pushing my hands out of the way so that her view was unobstructed!


Dave waited in line with Clare for over an hour to meet the princesses. They saw snow white, cinderella, sleeping beauty and got to wave at Belle. Clare was distressed that she didn't see Jasmine (don't' know why, she has never mentioned her before....)


Dave was really impressed with the princesses. He said they were much more than girls wearing dresses. They looked and acted like the sweet princesses from the stories and were great!



We went to a place called Club 33 for a fancy lunch. It costs a lot of money to eat there (like $60/person) but then the disneyland tickets are free. My dad LOVED it! And wished we could have stayed there all day instead of trooping around disneyland.


Clare ate her weight in watermelon (a special treat since it's out of season now). Also, you might be able to make out the mickey mouse pasta in her bowl.



waiting in line for a ride. when we got to the front of the line, clare threw a fit and didn't go on the ride so alexey came instead. Clare hated all rides and attractions at disneyland, except for meeting the princesses!


The entrance to club 33 is just a door. You knock on the door and then enter to the lounge....



and take the elevator up to the restaurant.




best we could do for a family photo. Calvin refused to be in it.





grandpa babysat Alexey when we were on rides that she wasn't able to go on.




Overall it was a GREAT b-day for Calvin. He is still talking about it. He loved space mtn., big thunder railroad and pirates.
We were so glad that Dad and Kari and Shi and Dan came with us. We could not have handled three different age kids without them.
It was fun to rendezvous with Dave's bro joe and family.

5 comments:

Em said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. Club 33 is fancy, huh? Having someone stand next to you your entire meal waiting to re-fill your glass is about as posh as it gets. I've only been once- on a buffet day- so stuffed.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Calvin! I can't believe you have a 6 year old. Disneyland sounded like so much fun. We are hoping to head to disneyworld next year when Sophie is bigger.

vanessa said...

Looks like fun I can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland! Thanks for the card. That was nice to get on my birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys had fun! We've been waiting to hear how club 33 went! Was it worth it?

Thany said...

DENISE!! CLUB 33!!
Did you know that you just did one of the things I have on my list of things to do before I DIE?! Your kids are more accomplished than I am!

Okay, seriously, I want to hear alllll about it and soon!

I seriously almost woke up the kids squeaking at this! Wow. wow. Wow.