Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chapter

While Dave's mom was in town she gave Calvin an electronic learning toy. When we opened it up and put the batteries into it, it didn't work at all. So, we decided to take it back to the store to get a new one. We loaded up the car and headed to target. When we got there, the game was nowhere to be found. We figured Dave had set it down on a table in the garage as he was loading Clare into the car so we did our other shopping and then headed home. Upon arriving home, the game was nowhere to be found. We looked in the garage and in the house -- it had disappeared!! I went into the kitchen to start lunch for the kids and saw Dave walking up the driveway (probably to look and see if maybe he had left it on the roof of the car and it had fallen off as we went up the driveway). I then saw him sprint down the street. I was so curious that I went outside myself and saw him pick up the mangled package off the side of the road. Lucky for him, and his mom who was probably having a heart attack by now having invested a decent amount of money in this present, all the parts were there and it was not beat up. Only the box was completely destroyed. Dave said "well, you can't break something that's already broken" so they went back to target and got another one. They apologized for the state of the box, but did not offer an explanation as to what had happened to it.


As I am writing just now Dave is ironing his dress shirt for tomorrow. He is spraying lysol air disinfecting spray onto his shirt because it was "where the starch should be". I had already told him we didn't have any starch spray but at least he will smell fresh.

2 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

Was the shirt actually on the ironing board this time? I still smile when I think about that.

vanessa said...

I thought the same thing as Krystal! I am excited you are having another girl! We miss you guys! Have a great Thanksgiving!