Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We're home!

We are so glad to be home...it has been a long few days. All is well at the house. There is some mess to clean up -- in the yard some trash blew around and leaves and dirt. The pool is black. Quite a bit of ash and dirt blew in through doors and windows even though they were closed so I need to sweep and mop everywhere. The kids and dave are all sleeping in their beds! Dad and Kari are still evacuated but I imagine they'll be allowed home either tonight or tomorrow unless something crazy happens.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! That is great news. Sweeping and mopping are probably gladly welcome considering what the alternative could have been. So glad you're home and safe!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! We have been worried about you!

I told Grace that she needed to pray for your family and later that day Rian burned her hand. I think because of the images on tv and talking about Calvin, she freaked out when we used the word "burn". I can only image how this affected your kids. Have a good day cleaning!

I am Laura said...

Good. I am so glad. Hope you have a better weekend.