The pool filled with dirt and other debris.
Clare at the playground one day last week.
I am amazed at how quickly people are getting back to the routine of things. Today the trash man came by and there were trucks out cleaning the streets as well. Many folks are out cleaning up their yards and sweeping garages (I'm waiting 'til the air clears to do that). The stores in town are back open and people are out shopping for food and other items. School doesn't start again 'til Monday. This is life for people who have a home to return to. I wonder what the people without homes are doing today. Many are being let back in to see the neighborhoods that were heavily hit. Some are probably on the phone with insurance companies (and will be for 100's of hours I imagine). People are looking for someplace to live and crying over all the loss. Tonight there is a meeting at our stake center with the stake president and bishops and RS presidents to asses the needs of the stake members and also the ability of members to assist those in need. I will be anxious to learn what we can do to help those who have no home. I can't even think of what to do for them or what I would need if I were in their situation (aside from a place to stay of course). What would you want others to do for you?
6 comments:
I would want someone to watch my kids while I figured out "life." They will have a lot of stuff to work out and that could be hard to do with kids running around.
I would say babysitting and meals to start, then I bet people will need a lot of help salvaging and cleaning up. I know my parents do a lot of that in Texas when people lose their homes to flooding.
P.S. I'm glad you and your home are OK!
I agree...having a safe, normal place to drop off kids would be a huge relief. A place to come for dinner or lunch. A shoulder to cry on.
I'm glad you are safe.
And what about clothes? The babysitting and meals sound like great ideas--that would be a lot of stress with kids.
I am so glad you are safe and your home is fine, if soot-covered.
I didn't realize how close you were to the fires. I am glad you were safe.
Post a Comment